GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about Empty
PostSubject: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:57 pm

foist of all, my steering wheel is a bit crooked to the left when I'm driving straight. I'm pretty sure an alignment would fix that..

second, when I let go of the wheel, the car will kinda wander one way (I can't remember if it was right or left)

third, the steering around the center feels numb, like there is a bit of play in the wheel. This can be especially noticeable on the highway, which usually requires small inputs of the steering. don't know if that's normal or not, have a nice steering wheel cover on btw

what do you guys think? alignment and check tie rods?
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

maroonCD5 wrote:
foist of all, my steering wheel is a bit crooked to the left when I'm driving straight. I'm pretty sure an alignment would fix that..

second, when I let go of the wheel, the car will kinda wander one way (I can't remember if it was right or left)

third, the steering around the center feels numb, like there is a bit of play in the wheel. This can be especially noticeable on the highway, which usually requires small inputs of the steering. don't know if that's normal or not, have a nice steering wheel cover on btw

what do you guys think? alignment and check tie rods?

alignment first obviously. if the problem isnt fixed it could be tie rods. or ball joints, our cars have very tight steering, and i dont know what you mean by "numb" but the heat can also affect things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 am

I have small steering symptoms too Rolling Eyes Maybe its the new wheel thats half the size of stock lol

Like Josh said, get an alignment. All they will mess with is your toe. If you have been hitting bumps in the road, it can throw off the cars alignment.

Also, try rotating your tires. If they have not been rotated in awhile, its a good time to do so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 am

alright, alignment definitely sounds good.

I admit, there are very few times I where accidentally drove over curbs I didn't see, like in a parking lot Embarassed
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 am

maroonCD5 wrote:

I admit, there are very few times I accidentally drive over a curb I didn't see, like in a parking lot Embarassed

You should be fine at your height coolface
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:28 am

QMeli907 wrote:
maroonCD5 wrote:

I admit, there are very few times I accidentally drive over a curb I didn't see, like in a parking lot Embarassed

You should be fine at your height coolface
haha yeah.

on a side note, you think 5th gens are actually lower than 6th gens? I think 6th gens have slightly less wheel gap, but they sit higher. Same with newer cars.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 am

6th gens also have 16" wheels i believe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about   some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about Empty

Back to top Go down

some small steering symptoms I'm wondering about
Page 1 of 1