GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Battery relocation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JDMCB792
JDMCB792

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Im looking for some one that could,do,a battery relocation for my cb7 can u,guys,help me out ?? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 am

Basically. U need to run your existing positive back to the trunk. You can run it threw the firewall on the drivwr side then run it under the door jams and plastic trim to the trunk. Hook up battery. Then you need to find a solid piece of metal on the body. Grind it down to bare metal no paint. and bolt your ground very tightly. That should do the trick. The rest is up to you how you want it. I have an extra battery in my trunk for my system running in sync with my normal battery. Same concept

edit: on chris's ex. i noticed he had extra wires running to the positive on the battery. if you also have those, you need to run them back.

and as for a mount u can make it however you want, relocate to where you want, ground it to what you want. but just make sure it has a good contact, on BARE metal, NO PAINT!. its pretty simple if you know how to cut wire lol.

if you got the guts try it yourself. if not, hopefully this will help you determine what is a fair price to pay. i personally wouldnt pay more than $200. they supply the wiring. the 0 gauge is about $5 a foot. and at most you need 10 feet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
bonewerx
bonewerx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry josh itd take more than 10ft lol to do it all hidden anyways.... Best way is find a power block splitter for 0g wire(normally audio places have them) undo and strip all battery positive wires and bolt them into the spitter, hook up some 0g to that splitter(make sure its mounted) then run thru firewall (mines pass side) run it under carpet under doorjams and into ur trunk, attach to battery wherever its mounted and hood ground up last (strut tower bolts work well, rear seat belt bolts work well) then ur done kablam! Relocated!
Back to top Go down
bonewerx
bonewerx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 pm

And btw for any 12v electrical systems u ALWAYS want same size ground or larger
Back to top Go down
flash317
flash317

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 pm

you should get a box for it to, if you plan on running it at a track. most won't let you run without one.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:01 pm

i have a battery in my trunk. i dont think i used much more than 10foot. threw firewall, under carpet and door sills.

but anyway. use 0 gauge. and mine is ground to the metal bar that goes behind the back seat. just ground down. tapped a screw and bolted it down
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
JDMCB792
JDMCB792

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 am

Thanks guys but im looking,for someone,tht knows how to do it not to tell me how to do it I need some1 that know wat his doing?
Back to top Go down
bonewerx
bonewerx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Bring it to me and being the stuff ill install for 50 bucks
Back to top Go down
JDMCB792
JDMCB792

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

bonewerx wrote:
Bring it to me and being the stuff ill install for 50 bucks
can u make me a list of everything I need so I could buy,it? Nd ill,take,it to,u
Back to top Go down
bonewerx
bonewerx

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm

15-20ft 0 gauge wire a power block/splitter with no fuse jus a block, a battery box, and battery terminal ends that u can put a bolt thru and new battery terminals that should do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery relocation   Battery relocation Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery relocation
Page 1 of 1