HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

QMeli907 Build Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:44 am

xjoshx wrote:
pretty sure ur at least the 5th in line on that, im 2nd of course Evil or Very Mad

Im First Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:40 pm

dibs on NRG strut bar.. I hope.

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:13 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
xjoshx wrote:
pretty sure ur at least the 5th in line on that, im 2nd of course Evil or Very Mad

Im First Very Happy

where u really the first? i thought he said someone on hs already asked, maybe i assumed. idk
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 am

Lol at dibs

Ill contact those I know for sure are interested when all the parts are compiled, but like most do I won't take any 'dibs' on anything. Everything will be posted at once and unless someone has a super compelling tale of how they've always wanted a certain part and the price is right, its just not good business sense to hold out on people with dibs.

When the time comes everything will be posted on here, as well as HS, and I will post a notification on the Facebook page so everyone knows. Most likely won't be til end of spring/summer

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Went down to the same park that I did a shoot at this past summer to do another one after some snow had fallen. Car is winterized with stock steelies with custom 5 lug swap*, raised coilovers, stock 96 grill, stock bumper signals, and other things.

Here's one from the summer shoot to give an idea, shot with my step-father's Canon 60D:

Ones from today, shot with my new Canon T3:

*5 lug hub caps :rolleyes:

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down
94AccordLxX

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 pm

wow! whyy you parting out?? this accord is hella sexi! disappointed Sad
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 am

94AccordLxX wrote:

Eh, long story lol. Getting tired of fixing the little things on such an old car, plus I just want something newer, with a cleaner body (no dents/no rust/nice paint), more powerful, and sporty

Thanks for the kind words Smile

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
94AccordLxX

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:26 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
94AccordLxX wrote:

Eh, long story lol. Getting tired of fixing the little things on such an old car, plus I just want something newer, with a cleaner body (no dents/no rust/nice paint), more powerful, and sporty

Thanks for the kind words Smile

nooooo!!! well good luck on that! get something good too like a fc rx-7 or get a 98 supra!! *drools* lol and start drifting sir! also i call dips on some good parts to get me started out!
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 am

No real updates today, just feel like whoring my thread. Its funny....when I was building and modding my car over the last year, no one really said anything about it. However, now that its been posted online in multiple places that I might sell my car, everyone seems to have kind words to say about it. Just something Ive been noticing.

Tentative plans are to keep it until I have enough money for a 350z. With that being said, Ill still have all my parts until im ready to pull the trigger on a new car. That also means that come spring time, the Accord will have all its parts back on it. Gotta rock it while I got it.

So for right now the actual building and modifying of my car has come to an end, but ill still throw the old parts back on when the weather breaks Smile

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Yay! GLA meet ASAP!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Well disregard that entire last post. Just found one of my studs on my front driver side spacer snapped off. No spacers = hellasunk ITRs. Hellasunk ITRs = gay as fuck. Gay as fuck = not worth putting other mods back on. Fuck this car. Seriously.

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:43 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
Well disregard that entire last post. Just found one of my studs on my front driver side spacer snapped off. No spacers = hellasunk ITRs. Hellasunk ITRs = gay as fuck. Gay as fuck = not worth putting other mods back on. Fuck this car. Seriously.

Ok... Maybe I'm not thinking it's as bad as it really is... but.........

Replace said stud. New spacers?

I know when we had to replace the studs on my friend's car, it was easy-peasy, but I'm guessing this might be something a little more complicated...?
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Replacing the stud is no problem......on the actual hub. Chris did mine over the summer for the rear stud that Discount Tire snapped

This one however, is on the actual spacer. So....its sort of pressed into the spacer. When it snaps, goodbye spacer. I mean, the actual car studs are fine, its just the spacers that are 100% ruined now. And those were my 20mm spacers too, not the measly little 15mm ones I also have. Im just bummed stuff keeps breaking

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Sad no bueno.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 am

discount tire broke your stud? i hope they payed to fix it? and also, q u gotta pay to play remember? think how much stuff has broke on your car compared to mine... lol. ive dumped like 1500 into new transmisson, 1500 into new engine, and sooo amny exhaust leaks
Back to top Go down
delocd5

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

Sounds like you just need to go 5 lug Smile
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:57 am

lol @ thinking discount tire would pay to fix it

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:23 pm

throwback!

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 pm

QMeli907 wrote:

well how did they break it? and how the fuck did they expect you to fix it when it was their mistake
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 am

Dat throwback Crying or Very sad

xjoshx wrote:
QMeli907 wrote:

well how did they break it? and how the fuck did they expect you to fix it when it was their mistake

Cliffnotes: They accused me of cross threading the lug nut prior to my visit, and said it was my fault and they would not pay.

Well, during the mounting process, the manager came in to tell me that "I had over tightened the lug nuts the last time I put the wheels on (or whoever put them on last...aka me)....and that this had caused the lug nut to become cross threaded." He then told me that if they went any further with the mounting (trying to take the lug the rest of the way off), that it could snap the stud. Being as there was no other option but to go forward from there to dismount the wheels, I said try to take the lug nut off carefully.

When everything was said and done and the manager notified me that the car was all ready to go, I walked up to the counter. Right before paying I asked the manager face to face "So what ever happened with the stud?". My thought was that since the car was done and the wheels were mounted, and that no one had notified me that they HAD broken it off, everything was fine. Upon me asking this question, he called out to one of the techs in the shop and asked what the deal was with the stud; had they gotten it off cleanly, or had it snapped. The tech replied in the most nonchalant voice ever - "Oh.....it snapped off".

So Im in the process of handing over my card for payment, and I ask the manager if they are going to pay for the fix. He replied with something to the effect that since they had warned me and I was the one who said to go ahead with it and that I had cross threaded it....that it was 150% my fault. I kindly told the manager that his company would never work on my car again and that I would tell everyone I talked to to never go to that discount tire. He sort of laughed and handed me my receipt and I walked out.

Moral of the story: Don't take your car to the cheapest place you can find to get it fixed.

Another side story: While waiting in the lobby while they were doing my tires, the manager had shown me some of his personal aftermarket Acura CL wheels (some gay ass black with chrome lip type ricer circa 2000 garbage) and had asked if I wanted to buy them. I said no, but I would take his name and number and see if any of my friends wanted them (just trying to be nice to the guy). After he wouldn't pay for the damage done, I crumpled up his card in front of him and threw it away. Rolling Eyes

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 am

odamn goin hard
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 am

It's the discount tire on 40 in Plainfield. I'll never take my car to another DT again.

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am

Well quite honestly Q, since they did come out and tell you of the problem before they continued to take the wheel off, they take themselves off the liability of anything happening. You knew there were 2 choices; One, the lug would come off fine and life goes on, or two, there is a possibility the stud may snap if you want them to try and remove it. You had agreed for them to go ahead with the process, taking them out of the equasion for liability of damage. The stud snapped off and you had already told them to mount up the rims either way, so thats what they did. Sure they should have told you what happened afterwards while paying instead of acting like nothing happened but what was done was done. Consent was already given, Discount tire was at no fault.

Now if you had gotten all the work done and they never said anything about the possibility of the stud snapping off and just told you at the end or didnt tell you at all that is a different story, and they may have been liable for the damage. I dont know how discount tire is but many shops when you sign the paperwork for them to work on your car, that automatically dismisses liability for any unforseen circumstances encountered during the work performed, like snapping off a stud. It does not cover them however if say they drop your car off the lift.

Edit* Shitty situation is shitty, but not shitty enough to never go there again. I have been going to Discount Tire for over 6 years and have never had a problem with their service. I go to the one in Greenwood, and the one on East Washington. The managers are cool and very helpfull, and the techs are cool as well and never mind me standing right out with my car during work being done..

Now one place I will NEVER go is to Midas.. Where they decided to do burnouts with my last accord while taking it in and out of the shop. When I told the manager about it because I was watching the tech the whole time, they did absolutely nothing and the proceeded to tell me how the mods I had on my car were only hurting its performance...now THAT warrants never returning to a place
Back to top Go down
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 am

Eh, they were shady dicks about it. Maybe Ill try your locations (no homo) and see if I have better luck.

Hannah_Christine wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QMeli907 Build Thread   

Back to top Go down

QMeli907 Build Thread
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: ACCORDS :: 4th, 5th, & 6th gen-
Jump to: