GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel System Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QMeli907
QMeli907

Fuel System Questions Empty
PostSubject: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:20 pm

I've had a CEL that has been on and off for about 3 months now. It usually comes on for about 2 days, then resets itself and turns off. However, in the last two weeks it hasn't went off

When pulling the code myself and confirming with AutoZone, it shows that the fuel system is running too lean. I have not had a decrease in MPG or anything related.

When letting off the gas and coming to a stop, the car seems to idle much lower than it used to. It idles around 600RPM. Is this normal for a f22b2 auto? Could this mean it isn't getting adequate fuel to the engine?

Upon further research, I found out that if the car has trouble starting, it could be related to these issues. When my car has anything under 1/4 tank of gas, it takes longer to start, but has never failed to start.

What should I look into first?
- Seafoam?
- Fuel filter?
- Fuel pump?
- Some sort of wiring issue?

I have a 96 LX non-VTEC automatic transmission coupe

Any ideas would be awesome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I would look into all of the above exept for wiring issue.. Fuel filter could be clogged up so its not pushing as much fuel to the engine cause there is a bunch of crap to get through and would in turn cause a lower idle..

My first guess i would say is the fuel filter

After that I would say just go ahead and change out your fuel pump anyways to a high flow for when u turbo lol..

Seafoaming is good but probably wont solve anything.. I would seafoam 3/4 of the can through the intake manifold vacuum then put the remaining in your gas tank. it will go through your injectors and help clean them out too..
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you Smile

Ill do filter this weekend possibly and maybe seafoam
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 pm

if changing the filter doesnt help its not a bad thing, cause really its at the point where it needs to be changed anyways.. im going to be changing mine soon just for maintainance purposes

Something else to think about is dropping your gas tank and flushing it out.. 15 years of sediment build up will cause problems too.. if you think you might be interested in this let me know ill go into more detail with you on it
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 am

q, mine has the same problem with starting, it would scare me to go almost to e or let my gas light turn on cus itd take so long to start, but its not doing it anymore =].

also wont a bigger fuel pump lower mpg?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:19 am

xjoshx wrote:
also wont a bigger fuel pump lower mpg?

no.. pump has the ability to transfer larger amounts but the ECU still controls the amount the injectors spray.. no affect on mpg
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 pm

oh ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:35 pm

seafoam
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Details on seafoam?

Is the intake vacuum the line that goes from the intake manifold to the valve cover?
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 pm

ill send you a pic of the right vacuum line to use tomorrow
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:03 am

put half in the gas tank and half in the vaccum line that goes fron intake man. to the brake booster

my 7. step process
1. disconect vaccum fron boster
2. turn on car
3. pour half seafoam into vaccum very slowly (if you feel car is going to die slow down)
4. turn off car
5. pour other half into gas tank
6. wait 15-20 mins
7. turn on car a rev lil by lil and watch all that carb and shit burn away and smoke out the neighborhood

rev until smoke thins out then drive for 20-30 mins til no more smoke comes out and your good

another thing you can do which i did after seafoam is buy 1-2 cans of brake parts cleaner or maf cleaner
take off fuel rail, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter
1. very carefully take filters out of each injector (they are very small)
2. spray with cleaner and let dry
3. buy a new fuel filter
4. spray cleaner in fuel rail until no more black comes out
5. put it all back together

if you want bring your car and the items to me and i will do it all for u
Back to top Go down
Matt_CG5

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 am

Make sure you dont have a vacuum leak in the hose running to the fuel pressure regulator!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel System Questions   Fuel System Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel System Questions
Page 1 of 1