HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 CD5 window visors

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maroonCD5
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: CD5 window visors    Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, can't afford it right now, but I just want ideas, because I plan on getting some in the future..

What are all my options? eBay, OEM, JDM OEM?? Pictures and links would be helpful.

And what are your thoughs on ebay ones? Subtle difference from OEM at best.. Or no? Do Honda parts sites carry OEM ones?

lotsa' questions lol

_________________

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
JOKKERZACCORD
member
avatar

Posts : 332
Join date : 2010-12-06
Age : 25
Location : chicago northside

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Also intrested in knowi lo/s
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
senior member
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 33
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:29 am

as far as i know I am the only one in GLA with 5th gen sedan OEM JDM window visors.. you have seen mine.. I love them but the only thing that sucks is they clip in, and mess up the window track rubber.. im in process of taking the clips off, replacing all the window track rubber and jb welding the visors onto the car or possibly a different method..

as far as aftermarket the speedzone window visors look pretty cool,( i have their rear roof visor) and they have "Accord" printed on them.. you can find those on ebay.. Other than that Im not sure

hope that helped
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1842
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 27
Location : All Over the Midwest

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 am

OEM = JDM OEM. Window visors were only an option in the Japanese market. So, that settles that

Price: You will be looking at 100-150+ for OEM visors. Aftermarket will be 30-70ish

Availability: OEM ones are very hard to come by. Aftermarket are fairly cheap and always available online

Fitment: See SiR's post on OEM fitment. Aftermarket visors use double sided adhesive and mount directly onto the door. With aftermarket visors, they bubble out to go over the little part that sticks out on the topside of the door. On OEM, the visor actually goes UNDER this little protrusion. Also, OEM have more of a squared off flat look to them, while aftermarket ones have more of a curve to them.

Strength: Never have I heard of an aftermarket visor snapping, cracking, or fading. However, on several accounts have I heard of the clips breaking, the visor cracking, or the visor fading on OEM ones.

Color: OEM is a pretty dark black. Aftermarket is a fairly smoked color.



Conclusion:
If you want to be mad tyte jdm yo and brag to your homies you have $200 visors and can front the cost, definitely go for oem. If you dont want the hassle of the clips or the fragile plastic, go for the aftermarket options.

_________________
Present: 2003 Nissan 350z 6 speed | Past: 1996 Honda Accord Coupe

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
maroonCD5
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 am

great description!

both posts helped a lot.. looks like I'll be leaning more towards aftermarket.


It's funny, on the current new USDM Accords, visors are an $82 dealer option.

_________________

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
senior member
avatar

Posts : 1650
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 27
Location : Indianapolis

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 am

the visors used to be a dealer option... same as jdm fogs honestly, they just werent a factory option you had to order them aftermarket through honda, i actually asked and they said at one point they could order them but now they are discontinued since the year is so old.


in my opinion the jdm ones look a lot better than the aftermarket,

aftermarket just look generic and cheap with the double sided tape as expected
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 am

maroonCD5 wrote:
Well, can't afford it right now, but I just want ideas, because I plan on getting some in the future..

What are all my options? eBay, OEM, JDM OEM?? Pictures and links would be helpful.

And what are your thoughs on ebay ones? Subtle difference from OEM at best.. Or no? Do Honda parts sites carry OEM ones?

lotsa' questions lol

jdm ebay let me find them again if i can n ill post the link
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
QMeli907
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1842
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 27
Location : All Over the Midwest

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Those look pretty decent.

Definitely not JDM ones though. They look a lot different. I kind of like the accord lettering on those though. If I were you I'd just pick some up like that. Cheap, Gets the job done, Cheap, easy to install, and cheap

_________________
Present: 2003 Nissan 350z 6 speed | Past: 1996 Honda Accord Coupe

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
Those look pretty decent.

Definitely not JDM ones though. They look a lot different. I kind of like the accord lettering on those though. If I were you I'd just pick some up like that. Cheap, Gets the job done, Cheap, easy to install, and cheap

they only put jdm so they stand out but that brand is japanese tho so it technically is jdm lol
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
senior member
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 33
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:14 am

JDM CB7 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1997-Accord-4dr-Side-Window-Visors-Sun-Vents-SALE-/250839916272?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67395ef0

those are the speedzones i was referring to, I have their rear roof visor.. And speedzone is not a japanese company lol
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:22 am

Hmm..that ACCORD lettering does look kinda cool ig. and yeah after market sounds good.

I mean, if you pay like $150+ for JDM OEM ones and someone jacks them off your car.. you're out $150+ Laughing

_________________

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
member
avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 27
Location : West Chicago

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:25 am

there just a plastic accessory. i wouldn't spend more then 5o buck on it. ive seen oem ones go for 150 used and 300 new. id rather spend that kind of money on my motor. imho
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1842
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 27
Location : All Over the Midwest

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 am

Cb7lx91 wrote:
there just a plastic accessory. i wouldn't spend more then 5o buck on it. ive seen oem ones go for 150 used and 300 new. id rather spend that kind of money on my motor. imho


This^

_________________
Present: 2003 Nissan 350z 6 speed | Past: 1996 Honda Accord Coupe

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1997-Accord-4dr-Side-Window-Visors-Sun-Vents-SALE-/250839916272?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67395ef0

those are the speedzones i was referring to, I have their rear roof visor.. And speedzone is not a japanese company lol

that wasnt the one i was talking about jerk off lol i know its not a japanese company
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
senior member
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 33
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 am

how was that not what you were talking about? you quoted quintin talking about the speedzone visors when you said they are a japanese brand.. dummy.. get your shit straight
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1842
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 27
Location : All Over the Midwest

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:52 am

Look on the bright side, you can install these yourself Smile

Gettem

_________________
Present: 2003 Nissan 350z 6 speed | Past: 1996 Honda Accord Coupe

Hannah_Christine wrote:
So let me get this straight... I have to pay for gas from Michigan to NC, pay for a hotel room, food, and pass to get INTO IA and then drive all the way back? All while walking around with a bunch of ricer fucksticks with their lowered imports and their sweet car club stickers??
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 am

SiRWannabe wrote:
how was that not what you were talking about? you quoted quintin talking about the speedzone visors when you said they are a japanese brand.. dummy.. get your shit straight

i didnt mean to quote it i ment to reply to it and paste a diff link
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:55 am

JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1997-Accord-4dr-Side-Window-Visors-Sun-Vents-SALE-/250839916272?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67395ef0

those are the speedzones i was referring to, I have their rear roof visor.. And speedzone is not a japanese company lol

that wasnt the one i was talking about jerk off lol i know its not a japanese company
you said ebay jdm, then you posted that link right after scratch

if you can find them, post link.

edit - he beat me to it..

_________________

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 am

maroonCD5 wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1997-Accord-4dr-Side-Window-Visors-Sun-Vents-SALE-/250839916272?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67395ef0

those are the speedzones i was referring to, I have their rear roof visor.. And speedzone is not a japanese company lol

that wasnt the one i was talking about jerk off lol i know its not a japanese company
you said ebay jdm, then you posted that link right after scratch

if you can find them, post link.

i didnt say ebay jdm????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
senior member
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 33
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 am

JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
how was that not what you were talking about? you quoted quintin talking about the speedzone visors when you said they are a japanese brand.. dummy.. get your shit straight

i didnt mean to quote it i ment to reply to it and paste a diff link


so dont be gettin on my case cause u dont know how to use the interwebz correctly lol
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
moderator
avatar

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:58 am

JDM CB7 wrote:
maroonCD5 wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1997-Accord-4dr-Side-Window-Visors-Sun-Vents-SALE-/250839916272?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67395ef0

those are the speedzones i was referring to, I have their rear roof visor.. And speedzone is not a japanese company lol

that wasnt the one i was talking about jerk off lol i know its not a japanese company
you said ebay jdm, then you posted that link right after scratch

if you can find them, post link.

i didnt say ebay jdm????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

JDM CB7 wrote:
maroonCD5 wrote:
Well, can't afford it right now, but I just want ideas, because I plan on getting some in the future..

What are all my options? eBay, OEM, JDM OEM?? Pictures and links would be helpful.

And what are your thoughs on ebay ones? Subtle difference from OEM at best.. Or no? Do Honda parts sites carry OEM ones?

lotsa' questions lol

jdm ebay let me find them again if i can n ill post the link

EYY, I'm laughing out loud so much now.. Let's just drop it Laughing

_________________

SOLD
-GLA facebook page -GLA facebook group


Last edited by maroonCD5 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 am

SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
how was that not what you were talking about? you quoted quintin talking about the speedzone visors when you said they are a japanese brand.. dummy.. get your shit straight

i didnt mean to quote it i ment to reply to it and paste a diff link


so dont be gettin on my case cause u dont know how to use the interwebz correctly lol

im not gettin on ur car dude calm the fuck down
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
senior member
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 33
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:37 am

JDM CB7 wrote:


im not gettin on ur car dude calm the fuck down

i dont want you on my car.. lol
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 67
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:36 am

JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
JDM CB7 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
how was that not what you were talking about? you quoted quintin talking about the speedzone visors when you said they are a japanese brand.. dummy.. get your shit straight

i didnt mean to quote it i ment to reply to it and paste a diff link


so dont be gettin on my case cause u dont know how to use the interwebz correctly lol

im not gettin on ur case dude calm the fuck down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CD5 window visors    

Back to top Go down
 
CD5 window visors
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: ACCORDS :: 4th, 5th, & 6th gen-
Jump to: