GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Midwest Accords? discuss

Go down 
+4
SiRWannabe
xjoshx
QMeli907
maroonCD5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

Midwest Accords?  discuss Empty
PostSubject: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 am

Since we consider ourselves a community rather than a "club," why not consider expanding our community to those who are in Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, etc.? There are people in those states who feel they don't really have a "local" Accord community to belong to. Our site was posted on cb7tuner once or twice, but I think some people didn't join because they were in other Midwestern states like Iowa, Missouri, etc. I always see one or two lonely sheep from the Midwest on any Accord site.

Most forums divide their regional sections and our area usually falls under the Midwest. And if you look up Great Lakes, the area also covers Canada, so that is a bit odd for a name.

this is technically the Midwest
Midwest Accords?  discuss Map_of_USA_Midwest

pros
-a larger community base
-potentially larger meets (state to state travel; possibly once in a year?)
-annual Midwest accord meet? like before Evil or Very Mad

cons
-possibly longer travel time to some meets
-organizing people together for meets who live far away (not necessary though)
-may not be that many Accord owners from the other states

I think I can easily change our forum address to midwestaccords.com if we agree and follow through with this idea..

TL;DR - what I'm proposing is changing our name to "Midwest Accords"

seems like a no-brainer, tbh. The name sounds much cooler too Laughing

discuss.
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:16 am

Cliffs: Since Accord owners are younger, no one wants to travel. Lake Michigan Accords would be a more fitting name.

What it really comes down to is our user base. Who owns Accords that are interested in meets and online information?

With the relatively cheaper cost of Accords nowadays being less than $4,000 for 4th, 5th, and some 6th gens, that is who we are getting as a user base. What this also means is that the people that will appreciate and use a site/club/crew such as this are going to be younger in age. When we look to expand, what are we really trying to accomplish by this? Just getting more people online, or getting more people to meets and actually meet up in person?

Anyone can jump on a computer and talk to anyone around the world to get automotive information. What makes a regional site/club/crew different is that they can actual meet up whether it be to help someone out, or to have a car meet. This all comes back around to our audience. Are teenagers and people in their early 20s really going to travel hours on end to meet up? Sure, some of the dedicated ones will, but most won't. They just don't have the time nor the funds to do such a thing.

What Im getting at is that with a regional site, the whole basis behind it is knowing people in your area and actually being able to meet up. The wealthy Accord owners out there don't want a part of an online forum or club. They have better things to do.
If anything, we should change the name to "Lake Michigan Accords" since 95% of our users are from states that share a border with Lake Michigan (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan). Although this name doesn't sound cool and hip, it defines us better

If we look to expand all the way as far as the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, etc, we need to have people that will be willing to travel state to state to state just for car meets. Like stated before, that takes dedication. With the younger user base and how relatively old the automobiles are that we drive, will anyone from Chicago be willing to drive to St Louis, or anyone from Indianapolis be willing to drive to Des Moines and vice versa? I highly doubt it.

There are already a vast number of sites out there that offer valuable information at your fingertips about Accords. Regional forums only differ in the way of meeting up and knowing people personally, and I don't believe our members are willing to drive hundreds of miles, over multiple days to really do such a thing, even if its once a year.

Not saying that this is a bad idea at all, but Im just playing Devils Advocate just to portray a different side of view and practicality.

Midwest Accords?  discuss Two+cents
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:40 am

nah, i reckin we should stay gla... but offer an open forum to those in the midwest region. but honestly, i cant see myself driving that far for a meet, so we should host meets west of illinois.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm just proposing changing our name, the meets stuff is optional. I mean most of our meets can still be based where they usually are now, but it also gives a chance for people in the other Midwestern states to set up their own meets or attend our meets if they want, as well as chat about Accord stuff online. I was just giving ideas about possible bigger meets. I personally prefer attending IL meets, but the freedom is there which ones you want to attend or not. So I dunno..the name sounds more legit.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:26 pm

well here's my opinion...

You will never be able to cater to everyone. What good is getting a couple people from a few different states on here.. we already have major problems with our own members already making it to meets.. We have Randall from St. Louis, but its hella hard for him to make it up to our meets, and we all know most of you guys from chicago dont like to even leave the chicago area for a meet... We have like 80 members with only like 6-10 active.. If we get more members from outside states that cant participate in meets, we will still be like 100 members with 6-10 active.

The people that do get signed up from different states would be so far and few, they still wouldnt have enough members from their area to start their own local meets from our site unless a HUGE marketing campaign was started for member recruitment from those in the different states, which most people dont have the time or care enough to do.

As far as the name change... Its a shot in the dark and something could come of it.. but then we need all new decals for our cars, new shirt designs, etc.... which I mean isnt a huge thing (no homo) to redo, just a pain in the ass... We are still a young group (not age of members, age of club) and we can still adjust and change what we want since we dont really have a name for ourselves yet.. so I really dont mind a name change, but in the end I think we would be putting more of our own effort into changing something that probably wont give us any returned results...

I really dont care for the abbreviation of our meets to be "MAM".. or "LMAM"..

Here's some cooler sounding names.... ("MAG" -Midwest Accord Group), or ("LsA"- Lakeside Accords)...

If anything, I vote we change our name to "MAG"- Midwest Accord Group

It sounds cool, it looks cool, and it represents the midwest like your wanting to

Examples: 72 font type Sofachrome B/I ..... You can change the colors and positions on the banner and it still looks good

Midwest Accords?  discuss MidwestAccordGroup2

Midwest Accords?  discuss MidwestAccordGroup

And our meet pics can be stamped/watermarked with our logo

Examples
Midwest Accords?  discuss Midwestaccordgroup4

Midwest Accords?  discuss Midwestaccordgroup5

Midwest Accords?  discuss Midwestaccordgroup6

Midwest Accords?  discuss MidwestAccordGroup7

And when photo's dont quite make the cut

Midwest Accords?  discuss Midwestaccordgroup3-1

Edit* If we do the name change, im not saying every photo has to be watermarked/stamped, just the main ones we would pick to showcase

Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Midwest Accords?  discuss Gt_dyno_mag_wheels_chrome_bike_._002_blowup

^*MAGs for the biking noobs*
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:11 pm

MAG looks funny Laughing

good suggestions though

But, I do like the idea of "GLA" watermarks on our photos.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 pm

maroonCD5 wrote:
MAG looks funny Laughing

good suggestions though

But, I do like the idea of "GLA" watermarks on our photos.

You dont even like the name GLA? so why would u want it as a watermark?

MAG looks better than this cheap GLA stuff we got goin on.. and so far anything better than you guys have come up with.. so do work fools if your gonna put down my ideas and not have anything else better to show..

And who gives a fuck if mag is a bike? we're obviously not a bike club
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:50 am

Still.....

lol @ MAG

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 am

Midwest Accord Group is good, but we won't be using acronyms for our banner, just the full form. For everything else, yeah.

But why "group" ? lol

Why not Midwest Accords?
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:24 am

Midwest Accord Group sounds like a chiropractors office or a law firm. Like my fellow bordo brethren said, not too keen on the Group wording.

Thesaurus brings up these words that are similar to group: association, club, society, league, guild, circle, union, sorority, fraternity.

Midwest Accord Guild Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 am

h.a.t.e.r.s. gonna h.a.t.e.

Im still waiting for something better... Whole lotta shit talkin, nothin to back it up

Not sure why I really even care.. the 2 guys arguing against me and criticizing arent even gonna own an Accord next year or after they graduate so its all meaningless bs Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
h.a.t.e.r.s. gonna h.a.t.e.

Im still waiting for something better... Whole lotta shit talkin, nothin to back it up

Not sure why I really even care.. the 2 guys arguing against me and criticizing arent even gonna own an Accord next year or after they graduate so its all meaningless bs Rolling Eyes

i agree. Evil or Very Mad

i might own an accord after i graduate, it will be a built cd, if not. its gonna be a 7th gen coupe
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Or how about we just stay the way we are...

We can open it up to other states, that's not an issue at all. Different name or not. I highly doubt most people here or many new people are going to drive state to state to state just to have a car meet. lol
Like Q said, our basic age demographic, the state of some of our vehicles and how much it costs to travel can put a damper on things. People here need to decide if they want to work on a car club for a good, knowledgeable forum or work on something for meets. It's hard to do both at the same time without having any type of funding for everything and with people here having work/school/life happening.
Everyone wants to have these giant, epic meets and that's just not going to happen on our own begin JUST an accord club, in my opinion. I LOVE the fact that we are a small, tight-knit group who gets along relatively easily. I believe if you guys want a larger group, you're going to have to open it up to other makes/models/whatever. I loved all the meets we had this summer and think they turned out very well for our size club with limited number of active users... honestly.
I don't run this. It's not my choice. Just my opinion. I joined because it was an accord group and I stayed because I made really good friends. To me it's not about number of members, but the quality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
JOKKERZACCORD
JOKKERZACCORD

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:00 pm

SO TOUCHIN LOL
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 pm

JOKKERZACCORD wrote:
SO TOUCHIN LOL

Agreed! cheers
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Hannah_Christine wrote:

We can open it up to other states, that's not an issue at all. Different name or not. I highly doubt most people here or many new people are going to drive state to state to state just to have a car meet. lol
Like Q said, our basic age demographic, the state of some of our vehicles and how much it costs to travel can put a damper on things. People here need to decide if they want to work on a car club for a good, knowledgeable forum or work on something for meets. It's hard to do both at the same time without having any type of funding for everything and with people here having work/school/life happening.
Everyone wants to have these giant, epic meets and that's just not going to happen on our own begin JUST an accord club, in my opinion. I LOVE the fact that we are a small, tight-knit group who gets along relatively easily. I believe if you guys want a larger group, you're going to have to open it up to other makes/models/whatever. I loved all the meets we had this summer and think they turned out very well for our size club with limited number of active users... honestly.
I don't run this. It's not my choice. Just my opinion. I joined because it was an accord group and I stayed because I made really good friends. To me it's not about number of members, but the quality.

Midwest Accords?  discuss 1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 am

Hannah_Christine wrote:

ohyea, i have a friend.
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:14 am

Oh jeeze... you guys... lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 am

i kinda have to agree with hannah......... sadly she's right lmao
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm

I guess we're fine for now.
Back to top Go down
flash317
flash317

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm

shouldn't Ohio be added. it probably the birth place of most of our accords
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Initially I was going to, but we don't have any active members from there.
Back to top Go down
flash317
flash317

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 am

maroonCD5 wrote:
Initially I was going to, but we don't have any active members from there.
e

gotcha. i'll try'n change that Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midwest Accords? discuss   Midwest Accords?  discuss Empty

Back to top Go down

Midwest Accords? discuss
Page 1 of 1