GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wont go into gear

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
whtboy97
whtboy97

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 am

Heres what happened; after driving this car for about 2 months and putting nearly 5k on her, she decides to pull this on me! I was training a friend one day to drive my route so after driving almost 200 miles, i drop him off and shut the car off for about 15 minutes. I start her up, put it in reverse, then 1st and get to the end of the parking lot where i pull it out of gear to check the street for traffic. Its clear so i go to put it back in 1st and it wont go. I try all gears and it wont go into any gear. I play with the clutch pedal and rev a little and get it in reverse. Then get it in 2nd with no grinds but it is harder to get into gear if i can even get it into gear. So i make it home by starting in 2nd and dry shifting to 3rd and 4th because using the clutch pedal and a little gas doesnt work. I check trans fluid and both resevours under the hood and its all good. Soooo is my clutch bad? If so, it just seems weird because it shifted pefect up till now. The throwout bearing made a very tiny noise so could it be that even though that seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 am

Its hard to diagnose things like this over the internet. I couldnt tell you for sure unless I was there to hear and feel how it is. Hopefully someone close to you is able to help you diagnose it.

"then 1st and get to the end of the parking lot where i pull it out of gear to check the street for traffic. Its clear so i go to put it back in 1st and it wont go"

Btw though, Why do you need to pull it out of gear when stopped? Just keep your foot on the clutch pedal...

How many years of experience do you have driving a MT? Im guessing quite a few seeing your age but the way you describe how you drive is unlike anything ive heard before

Back to top Go down
whtboy97
whtboy97

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I dont know why i do that. But its a habit. Its sounds normal(trans). Thats the weird thing. Its just super hard to get into gear if at all. I was going to bleed the master cylinder this Sunday to see if that does anything.
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:

Btw though, Why do you need to pull it out of gear when stopped? Just keep your foot on the clutch pedal...

Haha I was wondering that, too. Hope you find a quick fix for it!
I guess if there is a time for something to go wrong, better now than in the Spring/Summer when there's fun to be had! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
Matt_CG5

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 am

What you should do, what I think

1. Check clutch fluid
2. Bleed lines add more fluid
3. Check trans fluid, add if low on it (typically the problem on majority of hondas)
4. Check Clutch
5. Replace Clutch
6. Syncros are shit
Back to top Go down
Matt_CG5

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 am

or also your shifter linkeage maybe missaligned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wont go into gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: wont go into gear   wont go into gear Empty

Back to top Go down

wont go into gear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: ACCORDS :: Performance/Technical-
Jump to: