GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QMeli907
QMeli907

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  Empty
PostSubject: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:19 pm

As I feel like this is a rather important issue, I felt the need to make another thread specifically devoted to this this.

Upon hearing a noise the other day, I inspected my lug nuts and found one of my studs on my 20mm Ichiba V2 spacers had completely sheared off on the front driver side. Today I took off the spacers to investigate, and as I was taking off the passenger side front wheel, another one of the studs snapped off while loosening it.

Whether this occurred through me over torquing the lug nuts or whether it was 100% related to the actual product (strongly leaning towards the first), it is still scary to have this happen. Since I'm currently on my stock steelies with hubcaps for winter I did not visually see anything wrong until further inspection.

Not sure what I would have done had more than one snapped off while driving down the road.

Be careful, folks.

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  IMG_1069

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  IMG_1070

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  IMG_1067

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  IMG_1063
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 pm

kinda weird they both snapped in roughly the same area on the stud. You gonna replace the studs then?
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
kinda weird they both snapped in roughly the same area on the stud. You gonna replace the studs then?

I don't think I can replace the studs on these spacers. They're pressed in there pretty good
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 pm

lol like I said, go buy new studs that match those, take it to a reputable shop, they press out the old studs and press in the new
Back to top Go down
Matt_CG5

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 am

thats why you should buy a wheel made with the desired offset lol
Back to top Go down
firstsx
firstsx

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 am

never seen this happen with ichiba... you run spacers on your winter wheels?!
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Yeah I just never took them off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers    Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers  Empty

Back to top Go down

Attention: Be careful when using wheel spacers
Page 1 of 1