GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! Empty
PostSubject: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:01 pm

So i Did not wiggle my distributor as suggested lol. I hope the suspense wasnt killin everyone! lol but i did take off my IACV and cleaned the shit out of it with carb cleaner and got rid of any carbon residue that was present. fighting 036 i tightened down the "seal screw" "i'm wrong on what the proper name for it is, but bear with me" in the FITV, and finally reset my base idle to a smooth 900 rpms, and reset the ecu. as of now the problem has gone away but we'll see. any future fiddling will be regarding the map sensor and any accompanying vacuum lines. all though i do not have a vacuum leak, as there was no problem resetting the base idle. "usually when you unplug the IACV sensor and the motor dies that will indicate having a vacuum leak somewhere, also a sign is if the motor wont let you adjust the idle using the idle screw located on the throttle body." pertaining to my technical expertise, it is very minimal. i've never went to school for mechanics, and any knowledge i have is purely from experience. "unless you count an 8th grade small engines class, where we worked on briggs and straton motors." thanks for the suggestions tho guys.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 pm

xjoshx wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gd3V9QLhw

last 2 minutes

Cool story, what does that vid have to do with his problem?

And thought you knew how to embed

Back to top Go down
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Right on.... I like how its only held on by one bolt! thats banna sex
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm

He said he didn't wiggle it. Just saying that can cause your idle to drop over time. The distribution has 3 bolts. 2 on the bottom one on top
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

im sorry Josh im still not seeing what replacing a distributer on an integra with one that doesnt quite work right has to do with his idle problems... am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I get where your coming from Josh, in my experience the electrical timing being off will more or less cause a misfire, or just a ssslllooowwww ass ride. my dizzy was changed about three months ago and the timing was properly set. thanks for the suggestion tho. and if you didnt notice in the video he only secures the dizzy with the top bolt as the bottom two dont align properly, because its the wrong distributor.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 am

i actually didnt watch the video entirely, just fast forwarded until it was actually installed, and he was timing it. it can cause your car to idle either really high, or really low if its off. when i replaced my timing belt i had to mess with my distributor until it idled correctly, at first it was idling at like 400rpm. then like 2k. finally i got it correct.

and @chris, it gets old. just quit
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 am

@josh maybe you should rewatch the video you posted. He doesnt time anything.. he puts the oddball distributer on his car, starts it, end of vid. Dont cop an attitude with me dude. Your the one posting wrong info and videos..Jussayin

AND.. I watched the correct video you were probably trying to post.. and your statement of "Just wiggle the distributer" is missing that ONE key aspect called a Timing Light. Thats why I called it bad advice because just wiggling it is not gonna solve anything and only probably hurt. You can see in the vid with the timing light that he JUST BARELY moves that distributer to change the timing.. Never adjust your distributer with out a timing light and timing correctly like he does in this video.. Thats the damn point I was trying to make Josh..

And Sorry for trashing your thread Brutal but points got to be made.. And just so you know Brutal, Josh and I know eachother personally, and he lives like 5 minutes from me....and for some reason he's always trying to fuck with me cause he knows it pisses me off..
Back to top Go down
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:24 pm

sall good guys, i dont take the whole thread jacking thing too seriously, and honestly everything is on topic technically. i would hope others would question and debate others advice to narrow down to a common solution, after all thats part of the forum objective. and josh may have misunderstood my issue in the first place. the problem was a "dropping idle" not a "low idle." the idle was fine but when coming up to a stop light persay and dropping into second gear, when coming out of gear to complete the stop, the idle would drop to aroung 100 rpms and return to normal. thankfully the issue has subsided tho. I'm thinkin i'm gonna like this forum, you guys seem pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

are you a fan of colbert? i think that dude is halarious.
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah, he's pretty good. I don't usually have the time to watch it anymore though No
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
Brutalcb7
Brutalcb7

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

yeah i feel ya, i'm too busy playing battlefield 3 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!   Continuation Of The Dropping Idle! Empty

Back to top Go down

Continuation Of The Dropping Idle!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: ACCORDS :: Performance/Technical-
Jump to: