GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New from Oconomowoc

Go down 
+4
Absinthe
QMeli907
xjoshx
jrschultz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jrschultz

New from Oconomowoc Empty
PostSubject: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

I just joined from Oconomowoc, WI. I have a mostly stock 96 Accord LX 5 speed daily driver and a lightly modified 03 Nissan Maxima that my wife mostly drives.

Here are pics:
[img]New from Oconomowoc Max003[/img]
[img]New from Oconomowoc 001[/img]
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Lower it. :Evil or Very Mad: it looks clean. Rust free quarter lol. Welcome to gla how'd u hear of us
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Your town's name threw me for a loop lol. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
jrschultz

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:33 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
Your town's name threw me for a loop lol. Welcome!
It's funny listening to news people try to pronounce it.
Back to top Go down
jrschultz

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 pm

xjoshx wrote:
Lower it. :Evil or Very Mad: it looks clean. Rust free quarter lol. Welcome to gla how'd u hear of us
Lowering it is on my list. Hopefully in the spring...What are my best options? The car is virtually rust free. Just a little bit here and there. I was pm'd by marooncd5 on the cd5tuner forums. That's how I heard of this site.
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Your best bet for lowering it is by buying Function and Form Full Coilovers. For around $550 shipped, they are the best deal out there for a reliable, quality coil over suspension. You can slam them to the ground (literally) without any loss of shock travel. The ride is super smooth and comfortable and they are a breeze to adjust the height on. For the price, you really can't beat them

Please, please, please do not get coil over sleeves or springs and use them with stock struts
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:34 pm

as recomended dont get sleeves or springs and use with stock struts, mine actually blew instantly when i lowered it that low.

as for options, you have function and form, mid priced, everyone swears by them. tein, which are higher priced. but from what i hear they are #1 quality. thats all you should considers for fulls, unless u wanna get skunk2 for some odd reason.

now the cheaper but less reliable routes, you can go with coilover sleeves, you have dropzone, which are $200? skunk2, $300, or you can go with ebays for like $100 or less.

as for springs, you have a large variety of brands. the best is eibach im not too familiar on springs, but they have different spring rates, and most of them ive seen only lower 1-3 inches. whereas coils can go 4-5 inches

for the sleeves or springs, YOU WILL HAVE TO get new shocks, the stock shocks wont be able to handle the drop for long, and if u do a major one, like 4 inches they will instantly blow, or go on the first bump u hit (trust me). as for shocks you have kyb. which are a oem replacement, not the best option for drops. tokiko blues i hear are very very very good for mild drops. and they are about $70 a shock which is cheap. skunk2, which are about $120 a shock. and then you have koni, which is one of the best. but the price reflects the quality and they are a lot more expensive. if you are going to buy an entire set of konis new, you might as well spend the extra $ and get full function and forms

me currently, im riding on ebay coilover sleeves, and kyb gr2 shocks. ive put about 30k miles on the setup riding on a 3-4 inch drop during the summer months for 2 years now. it was budget i only spent about $300. but i wish i would have spent the extra $200 and got the functions

Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Just get full coils. You WILL want to go lower, trust me. Do it once, do it right

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Absinthe
Absinthe

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:06 am

QMeli907 wrote:
Just get full coils. You WILL want to go lower, trust me. Do it once, do it right

Have fun!

agreed..i want to go lower now
Back to top Go down
flash317
flash317

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:16 am

i'm bout to start calling you guys the "drop nazis" every car that's not lowered has to be lowered. and if it already lowered it needs MOR low. Razz
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 am

I got coil sleeves and I jit wish I got full cus the ride isn't tbr greatest
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 am

flash317 wrote:
i'm bout to start calling you guys the "drop nazis" every car that's not lowered has to be lowered. and if it already lowered it needs MOR low. Razz

Bahaha^^

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GraffitiChris07
bonewerx
bonewerx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 pm

For all the haters......im riding on factory springs and shocks that have been cut the right way and my shit rides pretty damn good ecspecially for a 5$ drop Wink......haters lol its not form and functions but for all the broke hoes like me it can be done if u know how to do it correctly and I use coilover sleeves on factory,struts all the time u jus gotta know to leave bump stops in and dont go stupid low jus take wheel well gap out
Back to top Go down
bonewerx
bonewerx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:35 pm

And I dont even have a camber kit I jus cut 1/2" from my rear upper control arms and welded them back together n whala perfect wheel fitament
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

lol. dont do the method he used Evil or Very Mad i went to honda today and scraped alllllll over their speedbumps, got everyones attention.
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Very nice! Welcome!
I had the pleasure of traveling through Oconomowoc awhile back and I still have no idea how to say it... but the Cornerstone Pub was pretty delicious!
If you're bored on the 10th, you should make the 3-ish hour drive to our Michigan City meet. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Oconomowoc   New from Oconomowoc Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Oconomowoc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: INTROS & MEETS :: Introductions-
Jump to: