GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

favorite brand of subs/amps

Go down 
+2
SiRWannabe
xjoshx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xjoshx
xjoshx

favorite brand of subs/amps Empty
PostSubject: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:12 pm

I've been through quite a few subs heard a lot of loud systems. I've owned 2 sets of rockfords and they always treated me well.

My favorite subs are rockfords, American bass, and dc subs. My favorite amps are hifonic. Even tho I never owned one. I have an aufiopipe and its pretty beastly. Never overheated and actually .pushes what it says
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:45 pm

My Favorite is the Memphis Audio for amps and subs, and JL Audio for Subs.. like the setup i used to have

And I like my current setup of course.. Boss Audio is pretty damn good
Back to top Go down
Let It Slide

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Used to have a fusion, great sub! Decent Prices and it really took a beating in my trunk and still kicked as hard as day one!
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 pm

ive burned coil so many times with my subs and they still hit like the day i got them...

i like jls too, but too mainstream. go to competitions and see what everyone is usuing. u will never find jl, mtx, boss, ect.... you mainly see sundown, american bass, dd, dc
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:55 pm

xjoshx wrote:

i like jls too, but too mainstream. go to competitions and see what everyone is usuing. u will never find jl, mtx, boss, ect.... you mainly see sundown, american bass, dd, dc

so? my car is never going into the db drags or other competitions so i really dont care what they use, im not looking for the same thing in my car.. Thats why im perfectly happy with my Boss Audio, and those that have sat in my car and listened to my system can all agree its great.. I dont need to spend 6x as much on "Competition" grade components
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 pm

well im not saying that lol. just throwing out the facts.
Back to top Go down
tunedaccord
tunedaccord

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 am

always liked pioneer. i got 2 12" primiers 1000rms 3000peak
n den i got compcvrs in my crx love them

both system for sale for right price. i want to get me some xcon or zcon
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 am

yeah i like pioneers as well, alpines havent been stated yet either. the type r is no joke. 2 12s do work.
Back to top Go down
PottersField

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 am

Pioneer Stage 4 are pretty much my dream amp. Massive and Polk are two brands I like to use that are way more affordable. For subs I like Dayton, RE, Morel. I'm more of an SQ guy. For components again I'm big on Dayton Audio if I want raw drivers for an active setup. For passive or just for matched sets I prefer MB Quart or Image Dynamics. Pioneer's newer basalt fiber components are quite good as well. They'll probably end up in my car soon.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 am

best speakers the best ive heard are alpines. very loud, very nice quality. decent built in tweeters... i have kenwoods and they do the job. would have rather had alpines, but they are too deep for our cars Sad . i was thinking of upgrading my system from my p3s to xfl 12s next summer, with a hifonics 2800 amp
Back to top Go down
PottersField

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Most speakers are too deep. However you CAN install deeper drivers using spacers. You can gain close to an inch of depth without worrying about interference from the inner door panel.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm

PottersField wrote:
Most speakers are too deep. However you CAN install deeper drivers using spacers. You can gain close to an inch of depth without worrying about interference from the inner door panel.

yea but then you cant use stock covers... im not a fan of showing off my speakers so they can get stolen. im running a set of $280 kenwoods lol.... not including my subs and amp
Back to top Go down
PottersField

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Not at all true, sir.

Mounted on spacers, and mounted behind the factory grills. No clearance issues at all.

Don't mind the ugliness going on here, I hadn't finished sealing and deadening the doors yet when I took the pic. Rolling Eyes

favorite brand of subs/amps Photobucket-4341-1313197133763

There's almost no gap between the back of the driver and the window when it's rolled down, but it clears and that's really all that matters.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of showing anything off. All my installs are completely stealth or close to it, with very few exceptions.

Cheers! favorite brand of subs/amps 714167
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:42 am

i like any kind of alpine speakers/subs/radios and i love autotek amps and hifoncs and kicker 4 channels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite brand of subs/amps   favorite brand of subs/amps Empty

Back to top Go down

favorite brand of subs/amps
Page 1 of 1