GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)

Go down 
+3
xjoshx
QMeli907
maroonCD5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) Empty
PostSubject: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 am

http://jdmchicago.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20513
Quote :

EVO IX vs. Fake Wheels = One FREAKED up CAR. Real vs Fake Wheels debate #2.

My sister bought these wheels to use for the winter with snow tires. She been them NEW-used someone bought them and never used them and resold to her) for dirt cheap. At 4AM Saturday night, she was going 35-ish MPH down a 1 lane street. Everything happened in a matter of seconds. The best I can describe what happened is the following:

Car is going straight down the road. The road did not have any pot holes, the driver was not under the influence of any drugs/alcohol. In a split second, the right front passenger side wheel collapsed and made the car pull to the right instantly. The EVO then hit the rear corner of a parked car (the parked car had very little damage). No airbags went off, no one was hurt.

Now the question is, how did this happen? The only educated guess that I can come up with at this moment is that the wheel had a STRESS FRACTURE/HAIRLINE CRACK from a previous POTHOLE/Bad road experience. It then just snapped without warning after the fracture gave up.

Can we say that REAL wheels BEND while FAKE wheels CRACK? Tell me what you think could have possibly happened? This accident could have been A LOT WORST. She could have been on the highway, she could have hit incident bystanders, a biker, etc.

I already know what the FAKE WHEEL lovers are going to say -> "B.S, she probably hit a pothole at 70MPH and BS'ed the story", etc etc =D. As long as ONE person can walk out of this thread and never get FAKE wheels again, I will have made a difference because that person could be DEAD one day from their XXR's going KABOOOOOM.

Here are the pictures:

Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) IMG_6971
Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) IMG_6970
Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) IMG_6969
Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) IMG_6967

After seeing this, I would rather any OEM wheel than XXR's.. no offense to anyone who rocks them, I still thought they looked decent though Laughing
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

That was hard to read through. If his sister is as stupid as he is, I bet it wasnt a manufacturing defect. Just sayin...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
That was hard to read through. If his sister is as stupid as he is, I bet it wasnt a manufacturing defect. Just sayin...
I read this late.. but yeah, who puts XXR's on a $30g car!?? and on snow tires as a winter setup for that matter?

JDMC members.. I am disappoint.

It's annoying when people call XXR's "fake" wheels. They're not fake, they have a legitimate brand name to them. If anything, they are "replicas" of more expensive wheels, just built more cheaply to keep the cost down.
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:12 pm

[QUOTE=Ryz;406913]Has it been found if there was a suspension problem that caused it? If a tie rod broke and the wheel suddenly turned right, it would have pulled the car over and snapped the rim sideways against the back of the other car. I would think that that could split a rim pretty easy.[/QUOTE]

Laughing good comment
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 am

i foresee a lawsuit
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I don't see a lawsuit since they were bought from a 3rd party.

But that sucks assssssss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 pm

wheel defect is wheel defect....

the craziest part, look at the center of the wheel, its snapped all the way down like a piece of pottery
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Josh, Hannah knows her shit on laws. 3rd party = no lawsuit Laughing

lol at JDMC members being stupid. Go figure
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 pm

rim busted apart from being cheap.. whether it was caused by a ball joint snapping and the tire folding up or whatever, comes down to a very poorly manufactured rim.
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 am

if xxr are good enough for drift formula d they're good enough for street use. i had many close calls this summer thinking i ruined my wheels and they're still holding up as good as new.
just cuz one out of hundreds of wheels was defective does not mean they're all bad.
even real forged wheels can crack. just saying.
im not arguing nor do i want to, that just my opinion.
im done lol
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm really wondering why she put those on for WINTER though...

leave it to a woman.
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Lol I was going to say that but didn't wana be rude to our female members lol
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:27 pm

It's just me. No worries lol
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 am

shit man thats doo doo last week i hit a big ass pothole and my rims didnt even bend a lil .. thank god BUT my windshield cracked Sad it was either hit the pot hole or side swipe the jerk off cop next to me or hit the brakes and have the asshole in the shitty ford behind me hit me......... i should have just slammed on the brakes theres nothing special on my rear end
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 pm

here's a new story - a Hellafail moment
http://jdmchicago.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20787

Last edited by maroonCD5 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 pm

maroonCD5 wrote:
here's a new story

thats ok.. car looks like shit anyways
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:54 am

SiRWannabe wrote:
maroonCD5 wrote:
here's a new story

thats ok.. car looks like shit anyways

Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) GTFO-Angry-Asian
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 pm

whole car looks like its made out of cheap plastic.. maybe its just the color but wow its ugly
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm

To the average car guy.. it looks like shit.

There are some cars that most can appreciate; less camber, less stickers, less tackiness, clean body. Everything flows. I like those cars.

like savclaude or SAV, for example.

savclaude
Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) 027-1-1

more fitting example, velo/chris
Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) 6142767558_6005f3bb5b_b

These are tasteful looking cars most can appreciate, but people still like to be different.. and sometimes take it to extremes, like this Z Suspect
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 pm

maroonCD5 wrote:
To the average car guy.. it looks like shit.

Im not an average car guy, and that z still looks like crap.. I think its just that paint job.. who really likes baby shit green as a paint job
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:31 am

Chris, Y U average car guy??
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Y so much hate on minty fresh paint. Lol
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm

the ferrari wheels cracked completely, I guess they are fakes Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)   Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ouch (classic real vs rep wheels moment)
Page 1 of 1