GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe momma...................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joemomma

Joe momma................... Empty
PostSubject: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:41 am

hey there. Im Joe, from the southwest side of Chicago. I might just be the oldest here judging by the 19-20 year olds I see.

I just got into the Accords, after having maximas since 1989 (17 of them). I posted a for sale/looking ad in the fs/wtb section for a few things I need for my honda.

I have been a member of maxima.org forever, and one day I will do a frame off restoration on a 92 maxima, so I can get my nissan back, but till then, I enjoy my honda, its not as fast, not does it handle as well, and the traction control really sucks, but its black a v6 with grey leather and a sunroof. I will get pics posted soon, its bone stock but really good condition. I hit a snowbank and shattered my bumper cover recently so thats kinda important.

[b]
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Welcome Joe!

Edit: I was going to ask how old you were and what year accord you have, but I saw your WTB thread. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:31 pm

welcome joe mamma!

damn 17 Maximas! I like the frame off restoration plan and I've always liked the fact that Max's came with V6 and 5 speed.

You're our first member with a 6th gen, so the for sale section won't be that helpful ..yet. You join up 6thgenaccord.com?

btw, I heard the auto V6 trannys are notoriously weak, you might want to swap some manual tranny from like a CL type S, if you have the will and the money..

check out our meet sections, see you around.
Back to top Go down
joemomma

PostSubject: 6th gen   Joe momma................... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:45 pm

the tranny seems fine, with me in the city, a manual is harder to drive.... ill leave that on my 73 firebird with the 455 and functional ram air.... ill check out the 6thgren site Thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
joemomma

PostSubject: maximas   Joe momma................... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:56 pm

I bought a new one in 1990,1991,1993 and 1994 holding on to the 94 till summer of last year DRIVING it to the junkyard with 365k on the dial. I NEVER broke down, both engine and trans went the distance and all I ever did was change the oil once a year ( no shit once a year) gas, tires and brakes..... I never did the coolant, trans fluid, timing belt nor any other maintenance..... I dont think a honda could handle that.......The max's that I liked were the gxe version, NOT the SE versions. They were actually faster(with some minor work). Being a computer tech, I wrote my own ignition and timing programs and redid the firmware on my hypertech speed chip. I had a true top end of 195 mph and suprised the f*** out of anyone who I pulled alongside. I loved my car so much, when I lived in Austrailia, I brought it back and forth once a year, I didnt like their "bluebirds" so it was novel to them to have someone with an American Max driving around. I had a smallo accident there, and had my parts shipped from the USA ( so they would say maxima on them) and the aussies grabbed my crash parts to refurb and use themselves and paid almost as much as I did including shipping for my old parts.

I might invest and get a 2012 maxima next year, but I kinda dig my honda and I will stick with it for more time
Back to top Go down
chubbs899
chubbs899

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:12 pm

welcome to the site! how old are you since you are thinkin you're the oldest???
Back to top Go down
joemomma

PostSubject: my age   Joe momma................... EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

im 1 year older than your bike.......
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 pm

joemomma wrote:
im 1 year older than your bike.......
haha

the bluebird is interesting.. it's made on the Altima platform?
Back to top Go down
joemomma

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 pm

yes it was on the altima plaform. There were very few TRUE maximas there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe momma...................   Joe momma................... Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe momma...................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreatLakesAccords.com :: INTROS & MEETS :: Introductions-
Jump to: