GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa

Go down 
+3
JOKKERZACCORD
VinnyD
DOOM
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DOOM
DOOM

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Empty
PostSubject: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi, guys. I've been a member of a few Honda forums but am glad to have found one with a more local slant for me since the bias is usually coastal. Looking forward to getting to some meets since I'm in the south side every few weeks. I know VinnyD, who suggested I register here.

I started with this car expecting only a few cosmetic mods but that plan fell apart pretty quickly once I saw what was possible. I set up a blog to track my mods (http://inspiredaccord.blogspot.com). A few recent pix:

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Phuppimagexbr
'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Phuppimageaen
'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Phuppimagehqv
'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Phuppimagepxr
'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Phuppimagejg

I have a few small projects in works and plan to swap my HFP suspension for coilovers to go another 2 inches lower in the spring. Also hoping for a front/rear BBK upgrade yet this year if possible... Maybe another retrofit.

There are a few more late model Accord guys from Iowa that I'm trying to drag out to the meets. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://inspiredaccord.blogspot.com
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Yayyy you joined. Nice copy & paste from JDMChicago forums lol
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:04 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Yayyy you joined. Nice copy & paste from JDMChicago forums lol
hey, it's slightly edited. here's a new, non-plagarized one:

sup. pete here. got an accord. vinny's exhaust upsets the neighbors. yay.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:57 pm

I'll be getting an electronic module for my cutout. But I do manually put it on from time to time. That should be put into consideration hah
Back to top Go down
JOKKERZACCORD
JOKKERZACCORD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome Shocked car looks awsomeeeee
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 pm

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa 1307234092928672

Them wheels!

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
96sedanwi
96sedanwi

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 pm

where at in iowa? love dem rimss
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:50 pm

welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Doom, hurry and get coilovers. You get Vossens but you cant get coilovers, what the fuhh lol
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 pm

96sedanwi wrote:
where at in iowa? love dem rimss
thanks. iowa city. about an hour from the mississippi.
VinnyD wrote:
Doom, hurry and get coilovers. You get Vossens but you cant get coilovers, what the fuhh lol
i already have a buyer for the HFP suspension too... i don't really have any help so i'd need to have them installed, which will run about $600. plus i've actually never adjusted/done anything with coilovers before so i'd like to learn the ropes before i leap. kind of on the fence until i see your ride since the last thing i want to do is obliterate my liners or scrape the body kit to shit.

since it's already mid july i might just wait until spring. not really trying to get everything done and installed in october then have one decent month before snow.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, since we discussed this over txt, we'll see what you want to do. I'm perfectly fine in helping you install coilovers. I hate shop prices
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 pm

If we do it it will have to be as your house too - where I stay in the city is not conducive to this kind of thing lol.
Back to top Go down
96sedanwi
96sedanwi

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Oh sweet. I was born and raised in cedar rapids lol All my family is in iowa still
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Coilovers are super easy to install and easy to adjust. Simply jack it up. Unbolt 4 bolts per shock pull entire shock and spring out. And reverse.

To adjust they just spin. You don't have to go super low. But if u do. Just avoid speed bumps.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 am

xjoshx wrote:
Coilovers are super easy to install and easy to adjust. Simply jack it up. Unbolt 4 bolts per shock pull entire shock and spring out. And reverse.

To adjust they just spin. You don't have to go super low. But if u do. Just avoid speed bumps.
its somewhat the same in the 9th gens but its 6 bolts on top, 3 behind the wheel and getting it out is the bitch because of how big it is

best thing to have is rolled fenders before you do a coilover/spring install so its easy to pull the oem shock/strut
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 am

VinnyD wrote:
xjoshx wrote:

its somewhat the same in the 9th gens but its 6 bolts on top, 3 behind the wheel and getting it out is the bitch because of how big it is

best thing to have is rolled fenders before you do a coilover/spring install so its easy to pull the oem shock/strut

yeah its a bitch to wiggle out on the 5th gen too, but either way its a couple bolts. and pretty self explanatory, look and see whats holding it on, unbolt it.
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 am

dude, sick!! welcome.

nice execution. and those Inspire power-folding mirrors?

and I do like the idea of electronic cutouts for your exhaust, Vinh vtec
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

maroonCD5 wrote:
dude, sick!!

thanks. i started with some replica inspire mirrors and they were a pain in the ass so i went oem. between my two sets of reps and the official set i'm over $1500 deep on mirrors lol. banna sex

i the the oems quality though. i wanted it to look totally stock so i bought another oem wiring harness and routed the necessary added lines (power folding, signal, ground) along what is already there stock and soldered all connections. it looks beautiful inside my door Smile imported the inspire switch from an aussie friend.

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Photo+1'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Photo+2'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Photo+3'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Photo+4
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm

xjoshx wrote:
VinnyD wrote:
xjoshx wrote:

yeah its a bitch to wiggle out on the 5th gen too, but either way its a couple bolts. and pretty self explanatory, look and see whats holding it on, unbolt it.
thats just about it lol

maroonCD5 wrote:
dude, sick!! welcome.

and I do like the idea of electronic cutouts for your exhaust, Vinh vtec
thankssss

DOOM wrote:
maroonCD5 wrote:
dude, sick!!

thanks. i started with some replica inspire mirrors and they were a pain in the ass so i went oem. between my two sets of reps and the official set i'm over $1500 deep on mirrors lol. banna sex

i the the oems quality though. i wanted it to look totally stock so i bought another oem wiring harness and routed the necessary added lines (power folding, signal, ground) along what is already there stock and soldered all connections. it looks beautiful inside my door Smile imported the inspire switch from an aussie friend.
sickkkkkkkkkkk. wheres your replicas at?
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm

it took two pairs of replicas to make one working pair. sold them all as a package deal for $200 to someone on m8g.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Damn D:
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 pm

You don't want the replica curse anyway. OEMs are around $680 and worth every cent.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:59 pm

I jut want the signal, I could careless about the folding lol
Back to top Go down
DOOM
DOOM

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am

By the time you wire the signal might as well connect two more wires.
Back to top Go down
VinnyD
VinnyD

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 am

Pffft. I still stand by what I said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa   '11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa Empty

Back to top Go down

'11 Accord/Inspire checking in from Eastern Iowa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next