GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frankenstein swap.

Go down 
+4
QMeli907
flash317
xjoshx
9_2_C_B_7
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Lol he has mentioned he's past making it go fast guys. He's just trying to find the cheapest fastest way to get it running again.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Cb7lx91 wrote:
Lol he has mentioned he's past making it go fast guys. He's just trying to find the cheapest fastest way to get it running again.

Exactly, and the link I shared is the way to do it.. little over $1500 to do it and he already has a bottom end and a head so its a little less than that maybe.. not bad for 200+ whp
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:

Exactly, and the link I shared is the way to do it.. little over $1500 to do it and he already has a bottom end and a head so its a little less than that maybe.. not bad for 200+ whp

$1500??? thats the cost of an entire h23 swap. honestly chris, go to lkq indianapolis website, and try to find a new engine. they deliver it. and take your old engine when ur done pulling it. they are pretty cheap, they come from wrecked cars, thats where i got mine with 60k miles for $600
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 pm

xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:

$1500??? thats the cost of an entire h23 swap. honestly chris, go to lkq indianapolis website, and try to find a new engine. they deliver it. and take your old engine when ur done pulling it. they are pretty cheap, they come from wrecked cars, thats where i got mine with 60k miles for $600

why dont you read the article instead of skimming posts and making assumptions.. And you overpaid for that nothing but problems, non vtec weaksos u got under the hood
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:33 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:

why dont you read the article instead of skimming posts and making assumptions.. And you overpaid for that nothing but problems, non vtec weaksos u got under the hood

no problems yet =] 60k miles. and i dont know how to wire up the vtec to a nonvtec car. im just happy its running. and im happy when my first engine went i had it running in a week =] when it blew i actually was honestly considering swapping it then. i had to $ but i didnt have the time =[ i needed a daily cus my full time job. + girlfriend in bloomington.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 pm

xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:

no problems yet =] 60k miles. and i dont know how to wire up the vtec to a nonvtec car. im just happy its running. and im happy when my first engine went i had it running in a week =] when it blew i actually was honestly considering swapping it then. i had to $ but i didnt have the time =[ i needed a daily cus my full time job. + girlfriend in bloomington.

Lol bullshit since we met u all u have done is complain about how shitty your car runs
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
xjoshx wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:

Lol bullshit since we met u all u have done is complain about how shitty your car runs

exhaust leaks followed by exhaust leaks followed by 2 broken axels, followed by exhaust leaks, followed by what. you guessed it exhaust leaks lol. my car drives good. just the exhaust + axles
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 pm

yeah and not meantioning that horrible vavle tick you got goin on...
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:17 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
yeah and not meantioning that horrible vavle tick you got goin on...

yea car has ticked since i got it. think, it had 60k miles on it when it was wrecked. i highly highly highly doubt the person ever did the first major 60k maintenance. add on the fact i often take it to 5-6k rpm lol. shit just happens. still drives. no probs. and if it blows again, so be it. new engine again =d i make the money that i can do shit like that. maybe ill just run 100shot and smoke everyone + go threw engines monthly lol
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm

valves dont tick after 60k.. more like 150k.. I dont know what your trying to get at, u have still completely ignored the main issue of this thread which i told u to read that link but u didnt
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:
valves dont tick after 60k.. more like 150k.. I dont know what your trying to get at, u have still completely ignored the main issue of this thread which i told u to read that link but u didnt

The link is still not relevant. He has a f22 bottom end not f23. Neutral
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Cb7lx91 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:

so? its still completely relevant.. bore out the cylinders on the f22 and walah, F23
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 am

Can't argue with that. Well he has a bunch of options now its all up to him now.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:50 am

im confused.... he just wants it running. so why not just stick a stock engine back in it. prolly the cheapest route, and more reliable.
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:03 am

9_2_C_B_7 wrote:
And my f22 isnt running. My cam seized so i wanna throw one of these on.
this is why he cant use his original stock engine.

you mean this

Cb7lx91 wrote:
Y don't you trade one of those heads for a f22 head.

Cool
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 am

Exactly^^^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GraffitiChris07
flash317
flash317

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:37 am

SiRWannabe wrote:
Cb7lx91 wrote:
SiRWannabe wrote:

so? its still completely relevant.. bore out the cylinders on the f22 and walah, F23

this thread went down hill fast. boring a f22 block 2mm is not a good idea. the f23 gets it's 2.3 displacement from a 86mm bore and a 97mm stroke. the H23 is just a 87mm bore. the H23 and the F22 cranks are interchangeable (cause they'er the same) but the f23s crank is not .

to the OP and frank swap will run you more money than it would costs to just replace the stock head. even if you already have just the head you want to build it with. if this thread is about saving money and NOT proformance then stick with what you know will work........but I think you already have come to that conclusions
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:43 am

Lol. Thanks man. And I am in the works of talking to a guy about trading my h23a head for a f22. Keeping it stock will be my best bet. I have thought about it a lot and everyone has helped. Thanks to everyone. :-)
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 am

9_2_C_B_7 wrote:
Lol. Thanks man. And I am in the works of talking to a guy about trading my h23a head for a f22. Keeping it stock will be my best bet. I have thought about it a lot and everyone has helped. Thanks to everyone. :-)

if your cam seized there may have been a reason, and there may be damage to the block. i didnt mean put the stock engine back in. i meant get a used stock engine, from the insurance company. they pull them out of wrecked cars and deliver. it comes with everything, plugs wires, dizzy, intake, throttle, exhaust manifold, basically u unhook the wires, take out the mount, pull old engine, drop new one in and wire it up.

and they warranty for like 1 year 10k miles, but dont warranty overheating
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 am

I took it to a machanic when it quit running and he said there wasnt any damage done to the block. For some reason the guy tht did it just over tightened the cam down. But i really dont have a lot of money for a new motor. Just coming back to work from a lay off and getting my bills payed back up, but in time i would like to get a jdm h22 or jdm f20.
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 am

I took it to a machanic when it quit running and he said there wasnt any damage done to the block. For some reason the guy tht did it just over tightened the cam down. But i really dont have a lot of money for a new motor. Just coming back to work from a lay off and getting my bills payed back up, but in time i would like to get a jdm h22a or jdm f20b.
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:33 pm

9_2_C_B_7 wrote:
like i said. im past trying to make it fast. i have a h23 head and a f23 head sitting in my garage and i just want to get it running. i wanna do whats easiest and cheapest. And my f22 isnt running. My cam seized so i wanna throw one of these on. =]

And my baby is a 4th gen. She is sooo pretty. =]
Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 200xzl4

put an h head on the f block
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:44 am

***UPDATE***

I'm about to trade my h23 head for a head off of a JDM f22b SOHC non vtec.

Hopefully when I get a few more checks I will get it going. Ill take a trip up to tru some night.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 am

I think u can tell if there's block damage by draining oil. I'd you see shrapnel in it. Then there could be damage but .prolly not I'd it was due to overtightening the cams
Back to top Go down
JDM CB7
regular
JDM CB7

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:29 am

9_2_C_B_7 wrote:
I took it to a machanic when it quit running and he said there wasnt any damage done to the block. For some reason the guy tht did it just over tightened the cam down. But i really dont have a lot of money for a new motor. Just coming back to work from a lay off and getting my bills payed back up, but in time i would like to get a jdm h22a or jdm f20b.

i can get a f22b non vtec dohc for 850$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein swap.    Frankenstein swap.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frankenstein swap.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next