GreatLakesAccords.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

site suggestions

Go down 
+10
9_2_C_B_7
bonewerx
Grohe
Hannah_Christine
Absinthe
xjoshx
SiRWannabe
Cb7lx91
QMeli907
maroonCD5
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
QMeli907
QMeli907

site suggestions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 am

Community for Accord enthusiasts in the Great Lakes region (WI, IL, IN, MI)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/QMeli907
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 am

QMeli907 wrote:

like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:05 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
okay smartass, will add for now. I was going to do that at first anyway.

I reset the theme.. the forum looks so much cleaner w/o the H logos.
Back to top Go down
Hannah_Christine
regular
Hannah_Christine

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 am

I was just going to say... I don't like it without the H logos...

Those stood out a lot more for unread threads.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hannah.c.newton
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 pm

change the text to " -A Great Honda Accord Comunity For The Great Lakes Regions (WI, IL, IN, MI)-"
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 pm

site suggestions - Page 7 Facebook-like-buton-200x150
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:54 pm

If you want the font used for the original GLA banners and decals, its called Sofachrome Italic. You should be able to find it with a quick Google search, and there are ways to download it to your stock computer font files so if you ever wanted to use it to make banners, it will be just like any other pre-installed font on your PC
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:50 pm

thanks, will try after finals.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 pm

nice banner
Back to top Go down
JOKKERZACCORD
JOKKERZACCORD

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:09 pm

NICE EVEN IM NOT THERE lol! Sad
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:12 am

thanks!

didn't have the intention to fit everyone though, you never know if you'll be in the next one Laughing
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 am

scratch

I heard the last banner incorporated everyone coolface

Suggestion: If we are going to do select few cars in the banner, I think it should either be based on a "Ride of the Month" pick and choose type thing, or have a banner with the active members in it like before, or just have a general meet picture up. The whole select few banner picture (with some members being shown twice even) doesn't really show a good attitude towards all members that make up our crew.
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

with the GLA page active. We should set the forum to private so only members can view everything, then if we need member only info to share such as meet locations etc., we can direct members to come to the website for more info that would be posted in the meets section.. I like the page because when we as admins post something as GLA, it shows up in everyones news feed that likes us, not just a notification that can be forgotten and have to find the group, etc.. so it gives no reason for someone to say they were not aware of things we are doing because it will now be showing up in their news feed
Back to top Go down
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 am

Just tweeked the banner as another option to use if you want. just meet shots in this one.. no biggie if you dont use

site suggestions - Page 7 Glaban10
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 pm

QMeli907 wrote:

Suggestion: If we are going to do select few cars in the banner, I think it should either be based on a "Ride of the Month" pick and choose type thing, or have a banner with the active members in it like before, or just have a general meet picture up. The whole select few banner picture (with some members being shown twice even) doesn't really show a good attitude towards all members that make up our crew.
smh.. so much nit-picking after making a great banner Mad
Laughing

Chris, let's do that banner next month.. don't wanna waste the current banner.

SiRWannabe wrote:
Just tweeked the banner as another option to use if you want. just meet shots in this one.. no biggie if you dont use
I hope site suggestions - Page 7 Smiley-scared002
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 pm

SiRWannabe wrote:

site suggestions - Page 7 Glaban10

Site Suggestion: Use this banner.

Hate to see some members be hurt if their car isn't in the banner when it's single shots. Especially when their car is nicely modded and not 100% stock like one in the banner Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I don't see what the big deal is.. if somone's car is not in the banner, it can be there the next month.

The car selection was random.

And get that stock vs. modded shit outta here. This is a car club, not a beauty pageant. By saying a car is modded, you're saying it's better than a clean stock one? Haha, not necessarily.

You're kinda contradicting yourself here. You say you want to see all cars in the banner, yet you prefer to see a nicely modded Accord over a stockish one in the banner, implying one is better than the other.

We don't discriminate cars here. No favorites. No one car can be called better than another in GLA, period.
Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:44 pm

How is the car selection random when you have some of the most highly modified cars in the banner? H swap car, boosted car, hellaflush car, etc. Random? You picked the nicest cars on the site.

Stock vs modded? You put the most modded cars on there, including some that don't even post and have never been to any meets.

Never once did I say that modded is better than stock. I was just implying that when a member has a nice build going and is making big changes to their car and has been to every meet, their car should be included if you are picking and choosing.

No favorites, yet you have a member posted twice...

Hypocritical much?
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm

QMeli907 wrote:
How is the car selection random when you have some of the most highly modified cars in the banner? H swap car, boosted car, hellaflush car, etc. Random? You picked the nicest cars on the site.

Stock vs modded? You put the most modded cars on there, including some that don't even post and have never been to any meets.

Never once did I say that modded is better than stock. I was just implying that when a member has a nice build going and is making big changes to their car and has been to every meet, their car should be included if you are picking and choosing.

No favorites, yet you have a member posted twice...

Hypocritical much?
Though not completely random, I threw in a bunch of Accords to represent MOST of the different generations of Accords we have. Miguel, for example, has been our only active 6th gen member for a while, that's why there's a herrafrush car in there. I knew not everyone would have fit. Active members are there, though not all of them.

Name one modded car in the banner that never went to a meet. I honestly don't know who you're talking about.

Quit questioning the car selection, jeez. Only something I whipped up in like 10 min. Didn't feel the need to think in deep philosophical levels about car choices.

Back to top Go down
QMeli907
QMeli907

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:20 pm

In before my car doesn't make it in the next banner Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
maroonCD5
maroonCD5

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:24 pm

There, changed it so y'all can quit bitchin'.

Looks decent, like something we can keep for a while.
Back to top Go down
xjoshx
xjoshx

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

i know you are comparing my car to akifs, its okay. we all know which one is better Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaPrince91
SiRWannabe
SiRWannabe

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Akif's? lol
Back to top Go down
Cb7lx91
Cb7lx91

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:08 am

you guys cant make it so every time the page refreshes the banner changes? just a suggestion i don't really care whose in the banner.
as long as its looking clean its all good.
check out preludepower.com they have it set up like that.
Back to top Go down
9_2_C_B_7
9_2_C_B_7

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:00 pm

I like the banner. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GraffitiChris07
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: site suggestions   site suggestions - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

site suggestions
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next